David has been working as an independent trainer, consultant and coach since 2006. He gathered his experience at multiple international clients in vastly different projects.
He is the author of React vs. Angular, a FREE website that teaches you the similarities and differences of both frameworks, and also of some books.
Virtual Office Hours
Do you want to talk about how you or your team can become more efficient and effective at creating software? And how you can have more fun and work in a more satisfactory way? Let's have one or more 30-minute video calls where we can discuss:
- Agile engineering practices and how they improve how quickly you can respond to changes
- Continuous refactoring and evolutionary design
- Test-driven development as your thinking tool and safety net
- Working together effectively in a team by using version control, pair programming and mob programming when appropriate
- Testing strategies and types of tests you will need to deliver more quickly
- Using Mocks to Test Untestable Code - Don't do That!
- Git Commit Messages: What is Different Now?
- Naming Intermediate Results, Shortcut Operators and Closures
- TDD: Too Simple to Break
- Spring and Isomorphic React 4: Render Data on the Server Side
- Spring and Isomorphic React 3: First-Load Performance
- Spring and Isomorphic React 2: React Router
- Spring and Isomorphic React 1: Setup with GraalVM
- Tim Bourguignon: Public Speaking
- 3X Thinking Part 2: Advanced Topics
- Tim Bourguignon: Tim's Developer Journey
- Simon Harrer: Combine State and Behavior (Java by Comparison)
- Tim Bourguignon: Mentoring Rocks
- Simon Harrer: Name Things Right (Java by Comparison)
- React TDD 4: TDD a Well-Known Algorithm
- React TDD 3: Dependency Injection
- Our Employees Should Learn on their Own!
- React TDD 2: Value and Cost of Tests
- React TDD Part 1: Testing the UI Itself
- React TDD Part 0: All Posts
- Brain Based Training
- 3X Thinking Part 1: eXplore, eXpand eXtract
- 3X Thinking - All Posts
- Tim Bourguignon: Podcast Developer's Journey
- Simon Harrer: Document by Examples
- Simon Harrer: Avoid Negations (Java by Comparison)
- Interview Simon Harrer: Java by Comparison
- Stuck in a Bad Job 2: Fuck-You Money
- Stuck in a Bad Job 1: Your Stories
- TDD: Red-Green Part 8: Conclusion
- DevOne Linz 2019 Conference
- TDD: Red-Green Part 7: Specific / Generic
- TDD: Red-Green Part 6: Triangulation
- TDD: Red-Green Part 5: Into a Corner
- TDD: Red-Green Part 4: List of Goals
- TDD: Red-Green Part 3: Why Red
- TDD: Red-Green Part 2: Wrong Code
- Red-Green Part 1: Introduction
- Refactoring: Move to Value Object
- Red, Green, ... Part 0: All Posts
- Refactoring: Primitive Obsession
- Improve Retrospectives
- Primitive Obsession
- Object-Oriented Design Pitfalls
- The TDD Trap
- Slow Down to Move Faster
- Learning Lunch
- What does an Effort Estimate Mean?
- Planning Poker - What Could Go Wrong?
- Why We do not Want to Give an Answer
- Planning Software Development
- Iteration, Detours and Feedback
- Agile - Two Steps Back
- What is an Estimate, Part 2
- Agile Anti-Patterns
- Maybe You don't Hate Agile - Maybe You Just Need Some Coaching
- The Missing Link in Agile Coaching
- Stop the Daily Standup Meeting
- Case Study: DevOps at Dynatrace
- Your Company Will Never Be Agile: Budgets and Bonuses
- Case Study: Technical Excellence at Smarter Ecommerce
- Organizational Structure Prevents Companies from Becoming Agile
- Your Company Will Never Be Agile - Intro
- Employee Training: Who's Responsibility is it?
- Intrinsic Motivation and Technical Excellence
- Intrinsic Motivation
- KPIs & Bonuses: It's the System
- KPIs and Bonuses: Motivation and Morale
- Bonuses and Wasted Resources: The Right Set of KPIs
- Competition, Bonuses, Wasted Resources and Cheating
- Well Crafted Code, Quality, Speed and Budget
- Original Scope On Time On Budget - Whatever...
- We Need Estimates for Our Customers
- Advance IT Conference
- We Need Estimates for Project Management
- Why Do We Need Those Estimates?
- The Pillars of Scrum
- How I Got Interested In #NoEstimates
- What is An Estimate, Anyway?
- A Spectrum Of Effort Estimates
- From Story Points to #NoEstimates
- Agile Manifesto and Agile Doctrine, Part 1